Parents play an important part in the confirmation ministry program at Good Shepherd. Parents are key to their child's faith development and to their relationship with the church. In the confirmation program, parents are expected to be partners in the following ways:
- Parents discuss five faith topics in the home with their child.
- Parents encourage their child to go to Sunday school and church weekly.
- Parents encourage their child to attend Confirmation events
- Parents help chaperone at least one retreat each program year.
Confirmands have responsibility for preparing for their faith development and for their affirming of their faith. We believe this can happen by being open in their discussion of their faith and to their relationship with Jesus. We trust that this will happen by:
- Attending Sunday School and worship weekly.
- Attending all the retreats and Confirmation events.
- Participating in service activities.
- Discussing faith topics in their homes.